Design Data offers a Basic Training Course to get you started. Those attending the course will input a small building from beginning to end.
We require that you go through the “SDS/2 Detailing Basics & Step-By-Step Instructions” manual, “Assorted Tools for Working in SDS/2” manual, and “SDS/2 Connection Guide” before attending the course.
Design Data will supply each attendee with design drawings, course outlines, and other training information, all of which will be yours to keep. You will not need to bring anything else. At the end of the week you will also receive a CD-ROM containing your job and fabricator setup, 3D model, and details you will have created over the course of the week. The CD will be a great resource for continued learning.
Course Time Schedule
- Monday - 8:00 to 5:00 - Introduction, Setup options (Job), View creation, and creating the 3D Model in Framing Input.
- Tuesday - 8:00 to 5:00 - Review, continue with 3D Model, and how to effectively move around the model.
- Wednesday - 8:00 to 5:00 - Review, Connections, Status, Setup options (Fabricator), 3D to 2D (generating 2D drawings).
- Thursday - 8:00 to 5:00 - Interactive Graphics (2D Drawing Editor in v7.0), Report, Sheet outlines, Plotting and Printing. (11:30 to 12:30 Lunch Provided by Design Data)
- Friday 8:00 to 3:00 Modeling Techniques, Misc. Members, Introduction to Parametrics
- Job and Fabricator Setup - An in-depth Coverage.
- Material Files and Utility Functions
- View Creation
- Input Members in 3D
- Web Vertical
- Web Normal
- Vertical Braces
- Double Angle
- Tube Steel
- Wide Flange
- Horizontal Braces
- Stairs and Other Miscellaneous Members
- Connection Design
- 1. Auto Standard Connections
- Conditions and Scenarios
- Connection Input Type
- Clip Angles
- Shear Plates
- End Plates
- Bent Plates
- Seated Connections
- Splice plate
- Base and Cap Plates
- Gusset Plate Connections
- User Defined Connections
- Forcing and Modeling Connections
- Design Calculations
- Modeling routines
- Adding Secondary Materials; Lintels and Concrete Stops
- Status, Search Options and Sequences
- Categories and Routings
- Drawing Editor; the 2D World
- Generating Details, Submaterials Details, and Erection Views
- Creating Bill of Materials
- Creating Sheet Outlines and Sheet Loading Operations
- Addition and Manipulation of 2D Entities
- Review Reports
- Basic Parametrics and Future Enhancements
2013 Basic Training Dates